If you love food and wine, then Tuscany should be on your list of places to visit on your trip to Italy. From the Church of San Francesco in Arezzo, to the hills of Florence, along with the town that inspired Puccini–Lucca–and Porto Ercole’s charming seaside resorts, there is so much to do and see in Tuscany that you’ll have a tough time deciding where to go or what to do.
Still, what the region is most famous for is food and wine. In Florence, the Trippaio pushcart or tripe stand is a common sight. In the rest of the region, snacks and meals scrumptious enough to get your tongue to sing Hallelujah are available from restaurants.
It’s a food and wine lover’s haven. To help you make your trip a great one, here are a few things you should keep in mind:
- Supermarkets are closed every Sundays and only open until 2:30 in the afternoon of the next day. Remember this if you don’t want to be stranded without food for a day and a half. You can always go to a restaurant for your meals though.
- Go on a private tour. This is one of the best ways to get a taste of the local cuisine and wines the area has to offer. With food and wine tours in Tuscany, you’ll have the time of your life enjoying the best meals and wines in the region.
- Banking hours. If you need to do any over-the-counter transactions at the bank, best to head to the bank in the morning. Some banks might be open in the afternoon but some might not be. Consult the bank for its schedule just to be sure.
- Phone cards. You can easily use public phones with phone cars. Buy one from newspaper kiosks. If you make a call using your mobile, it could cost you a fortune. Send a message instead or better yet, use your free messaging apps whenever there’s free WiFi present.
- Cash over plastic. Cash is the most widely accepted form of currency so make sure you have enough. If you’re planning to bring along a credit card for emergencies, though, make sure you pick a great travel credit card to begin with, suggests Yahoo.
- So if your bags are packed and you’re ready to go, make sure you take these tips to heart. They’ll help you enjoy your trip to the fullest.
Italy Luxury Tours offers you dedicated travel assistance every step of the way. Contact us and we’ll help you plan your dream vacation to Europe today! You can also connect with us on Facebook for more updates.